And 2 moves and 2 kids later...this is us today...
If you are in love with your hubby when you get married (which of course you should be), watching him as a Daddy will make that love beyond words. My man is the best Daddy in the world, and pretty darn sweet and caring to me too:) He's not perfect. I'd be lying if I said we never disagree or that he has no flaws or annoying habits. He does. Plenty of them. Marriage isn't perfect, it's work. But we both agree that it's worth the work, because our love is real (all the realities of it and all), we have made a beautiful family and life together, and we want to keep it healthy, nurtured and strong.
If I had to give advice to another couple just starting out their life together, I would say:
1. Let that person be their authentic self. Don't stifle them or try to change who they are. It won't work. Give them time to do what they love. Then they won't resent you.
2. Be friends first.
3. Have humor in life. You'll need it. Laughter is the best medicine when just about everything is going wrong.
4. Respect & Trust each other.
5. Communicate. Don't let things fester. Talk it out.
6. Accept that no partner is perfect. That doesn't exist in reality! Let some things slide. It will release anger and stress that might build up in your relationship.
7. Coparent. Always be a team.
8. Don't bad-mouth your spouse to friends or family. Eventually (hopefully) things will blow over in a fight, but your comrades will only see the negative pictures you painted over and over again.
Happy Anniversary, Babe! xoxo
Don't forget to vote daily!