Anyway, onto my weekly PYHO, with fab Shell over at Things I Can't Say, another of my most fav blogs!
Confessions of a Scary Mommy got me thinking...what are some of my dirty little mommy secrets?!? Would I be brave enough to share them with the world like she has? Could others relate to my own embarrassments? Perhaps I'll try it.
Here are my first five (I'll start slowly, so as to not scare you all away):
1. I like my MIL! I know, gasp-worthy. I feel like such a traitor to daughter-in-laws everywhere. I try to join in when people discuss their in-laws, but I'm a fraud. I have nothing negative to add. Not only do I like her...I love her! I know, I'm one of the lucky ones. My MIL is generous, sweet, caring, and great with my kids. I have trusted her with both of my LOs for their first year, and I'm grateful for her. Although I often wish my mom was closer, I'm glad I have my MIL for those bits of mom to daughter interaction I so desperately need at times.
2. I don't change the kids sheets as often as I should. I HATE doing it, almost as much as I hate putting the laundry away (now that really sucks!) Recently, the only reason I changed T's sheets was because I was getting sick of staring at the yellow ring forming around his favorite position on the bed. ::hangs head:: Those pull-ups aren't all that reliable. Oops.
3. I sometimes use my kids as an excuse not to socialize. I could probably swing it, but sometimes I just want to go home and relax. Plus, how much fun is "happy hour" if you can't tip a few back because you can't exactly drive tipsy to pick up your kids from daycare. Ummm...kinda frowned upon.
4. I throw away ALMOST everything that T brings home from school. I mean...how many freaking drawings of what looks like potato heads do you need to keep? I have a small plastic bin that I keep the special pieces in. But, let's face it, the special stuff is few and far between. Most of the time, into the trash it goes.
5. B is attached to me at all times. As much as I adore my little princess, sometimes I want to peel her off my body, sit her whining butt down, ignore her as she tries to climb up my leg and run screaming down my cul-de-sac yelling "I'm free, I'm free, woo hoo".
I'm certainly not perfect. There's more where that came from. What are your dirty little mommy secrets?
Don't forget to vote daily!