Tuesday, March 6, 2012

TAT: The Best of Us

Dear T & B,
You are both the lights of my life.  You are the best things that have ever happened to me!  I pray nightly that the traits you received from me and your Daddy bode well for you in the future.  Hopefully your genetics will be good to you.  If not, I hope our nurturing skills will help you develop into the best you can be (which is all I ask for).  I am so proud of who you have already become.  I look forward to watching you grow into yourselves and develop your own distinct personalities.   

I hope you inherit the following from Mommy:
1. a love for learning - education is so very important, and I hope you realize that early on and love it as much as I do.  Treat school with respect and take it seriously. 
2. a kind heart, willing to go out of your way (sometimes at a fault) for others
3. determination and drive - you can do it, Mommy knows you can!  She did!
4. creative and crafty - I hope at least one of you will want to sit down with me to make an invitation, do a pinterest craft, enjoy school projects, even if you're not good at it
5. rhythm - oh please say you got this from Mommy, and not your Daddy ::eek::
6. willingness to try new and exciting foods and travel to new places, being adventurous - I promise to support that time in your lives when you want to live in a new country (Mommy did!).  I will try to control my anxiety and be there for you (as my parents were).

Lets pray these Mommy genes have skipped you:
1. perfectionism, uptight OCD - it's a tough weight to bear
2. anxiety - It's very scary to lose control to an anxiety attack.  I hope you never have to experience it.
3. easily embarrassed and uncomfortable in unfamiliar situations - get out there and sell those Girl Scout Cookies, chocolate bars, don't be like Mommy (I had to ask my little brother to do it)
4. verbal diarrhea - need I say more
5. overly sensitive - I get my feelings hurt a lot.  It would break my heart to see you in pain.
6. road rage - although I already see some of this in T.  I promise to try to reel it in a bit when you're in the car with me.

Daddy has some great traits I hope you received:
1. patience and able to put things in perspective - he's strong like oak, a very calming force in our house
2. flexibility - he goes with the flow while Mommy panics
3. loyalty - to friends, family and work
4. handy - he can fix anything and I hope you both can be self-sufficient in that respect
5. spontaneity - I suck at this!  I hope you can be more like your Daddy!
6. faith - go to Church with Daddy!  Mommy is trying to get on board (I really am).

Sorry, Daddy, but I hope T & B don't get your:
1. close-minded view of food and drink - I hope they are more adventurous and willing
2. willingness to explore social media - get on board, hubs...please!
3. stubborness - oh lord!
4. sarcasm (from us both...they're in trouble)
5. no respect for the arts (I hope they paint, write, read, sing, play an instrument, participate in drama, dance, the works!)

Although I know genetics play a significant role, I hope you can learn to control the negative traits better than we do (as it's hard to change at 30+) and let the good flourish.  I hope we can give you a solid base on which to grow into a child that can stand on their own two feet and be strong in your beliefs and convictions.  We love you so much, and we're already proud of you! 

xoxo
Mommy

Link up with Mama G @ Growing Up Geeky for Toddle Along Tuesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Me likey!