1. Post the rules
2. Post a photo of yourself & 11 random things.
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter/facebook and tell them that you've tagged them.
You've seen enough random photos of me with my family. So, here's me doing one of my most favorite "alone time" activities yesterday, in some of the most beautiful March weather ever!
11 Random Facts:
1. I have my belly button pierced, and kept it in for my first pregnancy and most of my second. I was forced to take it out with B when my belly button became non-existent. I never put it back in, and I miss how it looked.
2. I love chocolate, a lot, but I HATE chocolate cake or cupcakes. I WILL NOT eat cake unless it's white or yellow. I could actually do without the cake. Just give me the frosting.
3. I eat a yogurt everyday!
4. I have a thing about always using the #8, like at the gym, I search for an open locker with an 8 in it. Not sure why...
5. Sometimes I still question naming B the less than traditional name. I just hope she likes it one day.
6. I lived in Italy at one point in my life. I used to speak fluent Italian, but if you don't use it, you lose it. I can still understand it, though.
7. I have a Chicago accent, especially when I get mad, but I say "ya'all" all the time. Thanks southern college roommate.
8. I'm a wedding singer, okay only 3 times... I don't usually broadcast that I can sing. I'm not even that great. They ask me anyway, and I do it.
9. My mom is my best friend. I want to be just like her when I grow up :)
10. I used to work at a bar in Wrigleyville, and I would walk away with $500+ a night, until Bartman ruined it for us all ::sigh::
11. I'm ridiculously competitive, at everything. I don't even show mercy to my 4.5 yo. Life, ain't fair, kid.
1. Have you ever been to Disneyland? If so, what is your favorite thing to do there? If not, do you plan on going in the near future?
No. I did go to Disney World once when I was about 12. I wish my parents would have taken us earlier. I did enjoy myself, but would like to take my kiddos much sooner, maybe in 2 years when T is 6 and B is 3. I have a girlfriend that lives in LA, so maybe one day we'll go out to visit her and take the kids to Disneyland.
2. Ocean or Mountains?
Toughie. When I was 6 we started going snow skiing every year for spring break. They are some of my best memories growing up. Lately, however, we've been vacationing on the beach, and I love it! I would say where we are in our life now, ocean.
3. A memory from your childhood.
Besides spring break, my favorite memories take place at my family lake house. We used to toad hunt at night, play flashlight tag, have bonfires, go out in the boat and sing and dance at night, have ice cream at a local shop, and do water sports for hours. It was truly the life. I was so carefree then.
4. Your favorite piece of furniture in your home.
Definitely my couch...when I actually get to sit down.
5. A picture that you treasure.
I only have a few pictures of my best friend who passed away when we turned 15, so those are very precious. Photos of me with my grandparents and aunt are also very important to me.
6. An evening with no plans would be spent:
With pizza, an animated film and the family all playing on the floor, then cuddled on the couch.
7. Camp fire or fireplace? Why?
Campfire. This goes back to the lake, water ski team memories and bonding with my family.
8. Something you wish you could buy at half price (either a one time purchase or something you have to buy often).
Daycare?! just kidding...kinda. I guess groceries. I'm a half-assed couponer. I try. But, when it comes right down to it, I only truly coupon when I'm off work in the summer. I just don't have time. It might be a cop-out, but it's my truth.
9. You get to go back to high school and re-live one day. What day would it be?
Graduating. LOL. Ironically enough, I hated high school. I wasn't popular, I wasn't the star in the play or in choir, I wasn't the president or the brain, I was just a little of everything, and being stuck in the middle was a lonely place to be. To remind you all, I now go to high school everyday (I teach HS science). Now, however, I'm the boss, or the queen, as I like to remind my students. There is no democracy, just a monarchy...or maybe I should say dictatorship.
10. You're at your favorite restaurant. What do you order?
Recently, I'm obsessed with Bonefish Grill. I'd order Bang Bang shrimp (lord have mercy...I could eat it everyday), edamame and tilapia or salmon with a huge glass of merlot
11. Mama always said:
"You're a (insert last name here), we can do anything. Us (last name) women are strong. You can do it" This pep-talk STILL works.
"If you don't put your toys away in 10 minutes, they're all going into the black bag" (eek)
1. What's your favorite form of exercise?
2. If you could change your career, what is your dream job?
3. Do you have a favorite drink at starbucks?
4. What is one piece of advice you want to give other women before they have kids?
5. Are you on birth control? What form? Why or why not?
6. Kindle, Nook, Ipad, paper book or another option?
7. Do you buy organic? If you do, what products? If you don't, why not?
8. Who is your movie star crush now? Who was it when you were growing up?
9. Toilet paper roll, from the top or the bottom?
10. Why did you start blogging? Does it serve the same purpose now?
11. I could not live without ________ because ______.
verstreateh @ My Organized Chaos
KJW @ Baby W is on the Way
Emily @ the Conger Cronicles
MommaM @ Home For Three
Erin @ Growing a Foosa