Monday, March 12, 2012

Meal Planning Monday

I was very excited to see The How-To Mommy do a Meal Planning Monday blog hop. 


I'm always looking for new and easy ideas for the fam.  As a full-time working mommy, I try to do it all, but at times, it can be hard to juggle being a teacher, cleaning lady, cook, nurturer, wife, friend, playmate and overall life planner.  I do tend to plan my meals ahead of time.  However, I don't usually decide which meal will be on which day, as who knows what curveball life can throw at us, or what tastebuds will be prominent that day.  My hubs and T can be pretty difficult to please, and they don't have even close to the same taste.  I do a much better job clipping coupons and trying new recipes when I'm home in the summer.  Plus, I have our garden at my disposal, which helps in meal planning (I heart my garden!!!).  Oh, how I long for nights of BBQ, shucking corn on the cob, fruit salad, fresh garden veggies, cut flowers from my yard on the table, fresh herbs from my herb garden...::sigh::...I digress... 
Here's what I'm planning for this week (although I reserve the right to shuffle the order a bit:)).

Sunday:
Turkey Parmesan Meatloaf
Smashed Potatoes (Sweet Potato for B & Salad for me)
Apple Sauce

Monday:
Chicken, Rice and Noodles w/ Teriyaki
Tomato & Mozarella Salad

Tuesday: (Soccer Day)
Subway :)

Wednesday:
Potato Soup w/ scallions and turkey bacon
Rolls
Mixed Fruit

Thursday:
Beef Burritos w/ guac and salsa OR chicken and rice roll-ups

Friday: 
Pizza Night - family time

Saturday:
BBQ - Pork Chops (hubs & T) and Parmesan Crusted Tilapia (me)
Salad
Corn

Check out these two sites (I use them frequently!) for great ideas.  I got most of my meals (above) from one of these two sites.
http://joelens.blogspot.com/ ~ What's Cookin' Chicago
http://www.365daysofcrockpot.com/ - 365 Days of Slow Cooking

ENJOY!

3 comments:

  1. I love Kraft's website too. We do our best to plan. I think I should start putting it in writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up! And I LOVE What's Cookin' Chicago too! Great for freezer meals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually started a blackboard/magnetic board using paint inside one of my cabinets, and keep my meal-planning there. Pinterest. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Me likey!