Now onto her PYHO topic of blogging guilt. Her feelings got me thinking about my own upkeep of my site and my thoughts on blogging. See...I don't have blogging guilt, persay, I have a severe case of blogging ENVY! I enjoy to blog very much. I like being a part of the blogging community. But, for the life of me, I can't seem to be as successful doing it as others. Don't get me wrong, I mostly blog for myself, my family and my babies (as a virtual baby book of sorts). However, sometimes, a little validation would be nice.
Here's what I'm green with envy about:
1. A nicely designed, personalized blog. I suck at designing my blog. I try my best to make it aesthetically pleasing...but I believe I've FAILED miserably. ::sigh:: My hubs is a computer programmer, and I know he could figure it out...if we had any semblance of free time (which we do not). I long for a personalized graphic, I have wanted a "grab my button" box forever, and I would love to have new and different tabs. But...I don't know how to go about any of this. I'm just hoping my blogger skills can put together some sort of cool format that I like. So that just leaves me green with envy about everyone elses blogs...
2. Sponsors. My internal dialogue is "who would ever want to sponsor or blog swap with me". I wish I could get over my virtual shyness...but I'm a weenie.
3. Followers. I know it's L.A.M.E...but I want to feel like someone, anyone...besides my wonderful family (::waves to hubs, MIL & mom who read religiously) reads my blog. Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself, and that's hard to get over. I know I shouldn't care...but this is a PYHO...so....well...I DO! I've been blogging now since 2007, and I feel like a BIG FAT BLOGGING FAILURE. I look at some blogs I follow and all the great comment luv they receive on any sort of post they compose. I wonder to myself, what am I doing wrong??? A perfect example is my last post on baby jails. I really was hoping for some feedback from the great blog community. I really did need help and guidance, which is one of the many reasons I even blog at all. Alas, every time I revisited my blog...the comments still had a big fat zero next to it.
4. Cool reviews & giveaways. I have zero idea how to take my blog to the next level...and I'd really like to. I've always wanted to be a writer and publish a book. Being successful at blogging would be a great way to fuel that fire in me, and give me a kick in my pants to try. But...I'm lost as to why some blogs get sent freebie after freebie...and I can't even get a comment or two. ::cue large sigh::
5. Using other media to connect to readers. I'm a twitter idiot. I don't get it. Yesterday, I opened my twitter account and asked a student to come over to explain to me how to read all the by-lines of who I follow. I.HAVE.NO.IDEA. I started a fb page for my blog...but it fell flat. I'm just not to savvy with "linking up" other medias together. Not to mention all the blog rating sites. WTF. I have zero idea how they work, how to get involved...and frankly, what they mean.
So there it is in print. I'm envious. I'm a green little monster. I'm afraid to even ask for tips and trick because, lets face it...my commenting isn't exactly "happening" lately. So I'll just bitch, and complain and pour my jealously all over you.
Linking this post to Mom and Baby Beautiful and her blog "best of" series. Like me on twitter or fb if you want to read more.