Monday, September 19, 2011

Milestone Monday ~ Baby Food Adventures

We had a HUGE week/weekend of firsts for miss B.  She's growing and changing with leaps and bounds.  This week we started giving her Mum Mums, rice flavor (from Target).  They have been fun for her, and a great addition to our mealtime. 
T helped me make some homemade baby food for B on Saturday morning (excuse my lovely look...I had just gotten back from an hour-long spin class...lookin good).  We had a great time making the baby food.  So far we have bananas (which can be frozen with a little lemon)...but that's info for another post, sweet potatoes and pumpkin.  Next weekend I plan to do carrots, apples, peaches and I haven't decided on a veggie yet.  I will also make some avocado fresh.  It's been really fun so far.  I love the idea of freezing the babyfood in ice cube trays and then placing them in ziploc baggies.  We shall see how successful it is. 
B's first baby food was bananas.  It just so happened that we had 2 very ripe and soft bananas in our house on Saturday, so I decided to just mash it with a fork, add breastmilk, and see what happened. Here's her first taste (with big brother looking on)
Clearly, it was a huge hit...she wanted more
B did a great job with bites, and actually swallowed quite a bit of it.  She was definitely ready.  Our next try will be our pumpkin or sweet potatoes.  We have a few more days of banana though, as I do the 4 day rule, to check for allergies.  So far...so good!
One other first we'll have to document in a photo later in the week, was the addition of the exersaucer to our already crowded family room.  She liked it instantly, although her time in it and happy is not so long as of now.  We have high hopes for future use.  

2 comments:

  1. Your kids are adorable!! I remember introducing solids, so much fun to find out what they like and what they don't!

    P.S. I have awarded you the "Blog on Fire" award. You can find the details here:

    http://memoirs0famama.blogspot.com/2011/09/blog-on-fire.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, those Mum Mums are heaven sent. Noah LOVES them. And they give me a few minutes to whip up dinner. I even wrote a post about them for next week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Me likey!