Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Memorial Day 2011

As always, the Scherman clan headed up to Michigan to celebrate a long weekend.  It was bittersweet because it was time with my family, but it also marked the end of my maternity leave...waaaaaaaa!  We knew the weather wasn't going to be perfect, but we made the trip anyway.  The first day was a wash...literally...and we spent a lot of time inside.  But the second and third day allowed us some time outside.  Ty was determined to try the water and I think he was shocked at how cold it really was.  However, that didn't stop our little fish from swimming and jet skiing.  This was also Bryn's first trip to my most favorite place in the world.  It's always an exciting milestone, as will be the first time she jet skis, tubes etc.  I love me some lake time!  As always, we had a wonderful time with the fam...even when the weather didn't cooperate completely.

Time on the pontoon
 Brynleigh's first pontoon ride...Grams made me put a hat on her! lol
 Jet-skiing, despite the chilly day

 An attempt at a family photo in front of the lake...and of course...I hate it!

Here's a random from our trip to Chicago.  This is my BFF and her new little guy Maddox.

1 comment:

Comments? Me likey!