Thursday, June 28, 2012

A Birthday & A Baptism: Part II

Warning:  Photo Dump Zone

Since my parents were in town for T's birthday, it was a perfect time to get the kiddos baptized.  Why haven't you done this a long time ago....you might ask?!  I'm not a very "traditional" Christian.  I am very spiritual, I believe in God, I pray, I believe in heaven, but I don't think it's necessary for me to sit in Church and listen to the rules I live by in my everyday life to prove I'm a good Christian.  I'm not very ritualistic when it comes to my religion.  My hubby is the opposite.  I do, however, think it's important to give my kids a Christian upbringing.  I don't want to jam it down their throats, but I do want to make sure they know about God, the stories of the Bible and the commandments, so they can make an educated decisions about their own religion and be good people.  Baptism was important to my hubby and to our parents.  It would have also made my late Grandma and late Aunt very happy, as they were devoted Christians.  Hubby lost his Grandma recently.  She was very active in her church, as well, so I think she would have been tickled the kids were going through this ritual.  I didn't want to baptize them just anywhere.  I wanted to find a long-term "home" for our family.  It took us a while to find a church we felt comfortable in, but we are happy with our choice.  It was a moving and special moment, and even almost brought this non-traditional Christian to tears.
 The fam
 One set of Godparents...Aunt Cindy & Uncle Brent
 The whole crew
 Paternal Grandparents, Mimi and Papa
 my parents
 My angels:)
 11.99 for this dress at a resale shop!  It was a steal!
 there was an "under the sea" theme for vacation bible school...T loved the octopus

We also wanted to make sure T had a special actual birthday, so Monday we did a bunch of activities to give him the best day we could.  A way we stay active during the summer, yet save money, is buying passes to local attractions.  We have both zoo passes and amusement park passes.  My parents were still in town, so they accompanied me to the zoo.  When hubs got home, we took him to the water park portion of the amusement park.  I hope he had the best day!
(I promise, this will be my last photo-dump:))



 some "quiet time" with Grams after the zoo
 opening a couple more gifts when Daddy got home from work
 his very own baseball helmet
 That's T at the top
 waterpark fun
 ...and ice cream for dinner (loving the arches in the background...lol). 
I hope my special little boy had a very special day! 




Don't Forget to Vote Daily!
Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

1 comment:

Comments? Me likey!