Friday, May 25, 2012

Today Facebook Will Determine my Worth

Yes folks, you guessed it, it's my freaking birthday.  Boo Hiss!  Ever since I turned 31 (add a few years for this one...), I have been a crab on my "special" day.  I don't particularly like hoopla, attention, people talking about my age or (now with the digital age) hoping that my facebook messages reach a "suitable" level so that I am not quite obviously a loser on such an obvious social media stage.  When people wish me Happy Birthday, my normal reaction is "oh...thanks" ::shoulder shrug::. 

However, I'm hoping to make the best of it and looking forward to my long weekend with my family at the lake!  Not to mention, it's going to be freaking gorgeous all weekend long, I'm packing up my running shoes, bike and swim wear to get some solid workouts in (this makes me happy, I know...I'm sick), and my mommy is taking me shopping at the outlets!  Score!  I'm just trying to focus on how blessed I am to spend the weekend with the ones I love!  Positive thinking. 

Oh, and it helps a ton that we only have 5 more school days left with kids!  The end is near!  whoot!  Maybe after I undig myself from the human-sized pile of grading I'll start to feel like summer is coming. 

And I've been a horrible blogger lately.  I am very sad my ode to my kids has suffered as a result of my insanely busy schedule...but I had to make choices to save my own sanity.  With two kids sick, stomach flu and eye infection and stomach flu again, school, hosting my first ever book club (more on my 50 Shades of Grey-themed fete later), taking over AP, moving rooms, keeping up with life, Tyler's sports, my training, and...oh...sleep...at times...I'm drowning.  I will check in and get back to blogging more when school ends.  I promise.  My blog will improve.  Please stay with me, don't give up as a reader.  I need your support more than ever.
I haven't watched TV in 5 days...now you realize the insanity that is my life.  Lack of TV is UNHEARD OF in our house.  My tivo is waiting patiently. :) 
Who else thinks the month of May sucks?!

So, if you're so inclined, show me some birthday love, so that I might validate myself on the social networks on this depressing day when my number gets bigger by one year.  ::sigh::

Hope your weekend is a blast, and you're spending it with your family!








Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! Other than your birthday May does suck!

    I am jealous you are closer to being finished than me but it sounds like you have lots to wrap up this year. We need to get together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m not that much of a internet reader to be honest but your sites really nice, keep it up!
    I'll go ahead and bookmark your site to come back down the road. All the best

    my web site ... quantrim consumer reviews

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Me likey!