Sunday, May 13, 2012

I'm Mom Enough!

The Time Cover regarding breast feeding in public and attachment parenting DID NOT sit well with me.  How dare they make it look and sound like only the "crazy" moms bf in public, attachment parent, yet they ask if you're "mom enough" if you formula feed.  WTF! 
 
They made what I consider a beautiful, natural, beneficial and bonding experience into something provocative, and that pisses me off. 


I may not be a perfect momma, but I make the choices that work for me and my family, including breastfeeding and all that went with it.  I nursed in public, and wasn't embarrassed about it.  I nursed into front of my extended family, and they never complained.  I don't cloth diaper or cosleep, but I certainly don't fault those that do.  I am a full-time working mom, and some may judge that I have "other people" raising my kids.  I feed the kids organic, take them on runs with me, made my own baby food, wear or carry B as often as I can and I sometimes feed them McDonald's or let them stay up late.  I am confident in my choices.  They work for our family of four, and I'm not going to apologize for them.

Has anyone heard the Real Men of Genius radio commercial about nursing in public?  It infuriated me! It just mocked the concept yet again. 

So he's why I'M mom enough for these two little people that share my heart...

 
 
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms and moms-to-be!  Don't let anyone tell you what choices are the right ones.  Make decisions that fit your family, your beliefs and your stance on parenting, not what society deems the "most accepted".   You are MOM ENOUGH! 

And to the strong, loving, amazing women that made me and who continue to support who I am and who I've become.  To my own mommy, my best friend, my rock, my role model...I love you!  To my MIL, my mom away from home, who always supports and listens to me, thank you!  Sending love to the other very strong and amazing women/mothers in my life, my friends (IRL and on the net), my late Grandma, Nana and Aunt Gretchen, my amazing Aunts (Alison, Diane, Judy).  You are all unbelievable women that I strive to be.  Thanks for being your kick-ass selves!  xoxo

Link up your "I'm Mom Enough" pictures with The Turnip Farmer now!



Don't Forget to Vote Daily!
Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this post. We should celebrate each other as Moms and as women. We all are mom enough in our own ways, the ways that work for our families!

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Me likey!