Sunday, August 14, 2011

A Fast Four Months with B

Age: 4 months, and work is just around the corner!  I can't believe this time has come :(

Stats: 12lbs 2.5oz (20th percentile), 25" (80th percentile)...and three vaccines:(

Size (diapers, onesies, etc.): We just switched to size 2 diapers this past week, although if we find a random size 1 here and there, we still use it.  She is barely fitting in her 3 month clothes right now, but we've switched to a bunch of her 3-6 months already.

Sleeping: B is going to sleep earlier and earlier.  We used to have to wait until 11pm or after to put her down for any chance she would STTN.  This past week, she couldn't make it past 9:30pm, and she normally sleeps until about 6am.  We had a few rough nights this week, but I attribute that to the dreaded 4 month wake period.  We still are completely unsuccessful getting her to take naps in the PnP or crib/cradle, though.  She only naps in motion, or being held. 

Eating: Still EBF, and FOD (fed on demand), primarily.  Sometimes she goes 3-4 hours, other times, she wants to eat after 2.  I just do it when I feel like she needs to eat.  B is much different than T, in that way.  She also isn't fond of the bottle still.  Hopefully, Mimi can get her used to it.  Since I go back to work in 5 days (gulp) she will be forced to take BM through the bottle. 

Milestones: This month she mastered grabbing her feet, sucking her feet, and she laughed a true belly laugh for the first time.  We are also doing great sitting up in the bebepod.  She's super close to rolling over back to front.  I am starting baby signing with her this month, and will start cereal/oatmeal as well.

Memorable outings: B had her first plane rides this past week, when we took a trip to Myrtle Beach, SC.  She also went to the beach & ocean for the first time.  It was a big week. 

Favorite toys/activities: rings (I remember T loving these...such a simple toy), playmat, bebepod, and her feet.

Funny moments: I will elaborate these more in a post to come about traveling with baby, but I had to run (not jog) with B in the ergo to catch my connection (and it wasn't a pretty sight).  B also had an explosive poop while we were descending into Chicago on the way home, and as it seeped out her onsie, I had to make a decision.  I changed her right on my lap, as we landed.  It was quite a skill.  Thanks to my poor Dad for holding all the poopy remnants!  He gets props for that move!  I also had to eat a sub over B's head as she slept in the Ergo at the airport on a delay. 

Looking forward to:  Since I know work is inevitable, I am looking forward to "ripping off the band aid" and getting in a routine of being a working mommy of 2.  I know that sounds odd, as my heart is truly breaking thinking of having to leave her after being attached to her for 4 months, but I just need to get over the pain and emotional upheaval, and figure out how to deal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Me likey!