Monday, January 9, 2012

Milestone Monday ~ 01.09.12

It's still so weird to type out '12...I can't believe it's already 2012.  Crazy!  Anyway...

I hope you all had a nice weekend.  We had a very relaxing, stress-free few days that were filled with lots of family time.  My only issue this week was some severe nursing carpel tunnel.  Has anyone else experienced this?  My right arm/hand aches so much!!!  B spends a much longer period of time in my right arm, as this is my dominant carrying arm and the side she ends up on at night when I nurse to sleep.  Needless to say...I'm in a great deal of pain.  Any ideas or suggestions as to how to combat, lessen or treat it would be greatly appreciated!  THIS is what I could find on kellymom.com about the syndrome...so I'm not completely crazy, I guess :)

It's Milestone Monday for Scherman Family Four and we have some good ones for the kiddies:

T started riding his bike without his training wheels this weekend.  He's still shaky, but I bet by next weekend he'll be flying down the street.  He started in the grass, but was able to travel down the sidewalk a ways without toppling over.  I didn't ride without training wheels until I was 7 ::blushes:: but my brother was just shy of 4, so I guess this isn't completely abnormal.  Nonetheless...we were very excited.


B has two big milestones, her second tooth and waving.  Her second bottom tooth poked through this weekend.  I thought one of the top ones would win the race, as they are on their way in as well, but there was bottom tooth #2.  B is also waving, a lot!  She waves at Daddy, Tyler, the dog, random people, the TV, just about anything that she thinks might acknowledge her.  It's adorable!  She waves with her palm up, which makes her look like she's performing "I'm a little teapot".  Unfortunately, she rarely waves at me...just puts her arms in the air and whines for me to pick her up or take her.

B is also now eating lots of table foods.  It was a big deal last night when she ate cooked carrots, noodles, shredded cheese and mashed banana.  We are making great strides in food, and enjoying introducing her to new flavors and textures.  I'm still making her baby food, which I love.  I highly recommend a great product to those of you who make baby food...the CUISINART SMARTSTICK hand blender.   It has made my baby food making so much easier!  It's very powerful, small, easy to use, and the blender portion pops off and can be washed in the dishwasher.  I'm completely in love with it!  Go check it out. 

1 comment:

  1. Great milestones! I love when little ones start getting their teeth,they are so cute with them! Also, congrats on the table food. This is also so much fun. Lastly, no training wheels? AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Me likey!