Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mike & Nicole's Wedding

During the first weekend of May, the Scherman fam headed back home to the Chicago burbs because a very good friend of ours, Mike (aka Vitch), was tying the knot to his lovely gal Nicole. My Mike was in the wedding so he and Ty headed into town a little early and I got to fly in (woo hoo!) on Friday on my own so I wouldn't have to miss work. It was a bit of a perk that the wedding was at the hotel right behind Yorktown Mall so we got to spend lots of time with my parents as well. My mom was in heaven on Friday because she got Ty all to herself, and got to show him off at school and have all her Grams and Tyler time. I also got to see Marina and Hendrix on Saturday afternoon. The wedding didn't start until 5, so my mom and I headed out to Oak Brook Mall to do a little shopping with Ty in tow. Rina was nice enough to drive out to the burbs to meet us with Hendrix. We had a wonderful time shopping, chatting and lunching. The wedding itself was just gorgeous. Mike and I stayed in the hotel for a full adult evening alone, while the grandparents watched the Ty-man. We had a great time catching up with old college friends, and pretending like we could still drink like our college days, yeah right! We are very happy for our friends Mike and Nicole! They are a pretty fantastic couple and we were blessed to be a part of their special day. The beautiful Bride, Nicole, and her DaddyHusband and Wife after the ceremonyOld friends; Kevin, Melissa, me, Mike, Kristie, and RyanKristie and I...we've come so far since our college days together:)Me and the adorable flower girl (and Groom's daughter) AbbySigma Chi reunion

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Me likey!