Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Mommy's Weekend "Out"

I had planned a trip to Chicago quite awhile ago. It would be my first weekend away from Tyler since he was born, and my first trip alone in a long time. The occasion was my oldest friend's 30th b-day. Jenny was having a milestone birthday and Tyler was turning 19 months. I thought it was about time I had a weekend to myself. I was so excited to see and hang out with my friends but, as luck would have it, I got a nasty stomach virus the entire week before my trip. Although I was only about 70% by Friday, I hoped for a miracle and got on the plane. Although I wasn't as fun as I could have been, unable to drink or eat much, I still had a great time! It is always good to spend quality time with my family and friends, no matter how crappy I felt. I spent Friday with Amy and also met up with my brother and Therese. On Saturday, I had a great afternoon with Marina and Hendrix (that cutie!), then headed out to the burbs for Jenny's party. I enjoyed catching up with Pam, Ryan, Pills, Amy and Marina at the party and enjoying soup and cake! My parents picked me up from the party so I could see them for a bit as well. I even got to sleep in...heaven! Thanks everyone for a great weekend! Happy bday to Pills, and also to Pammers who had her 31st bday! I look forward to the next time, and hopefully I'll be feeling more like myself.

B, Therese and I at Lumen
Amy and I Hendrix David...in his matching walrus ensemble:) soooooo cute!Happy 30th Pills!her "always a diva" cake :) Amy, Marina, Pam, Pills and me
The Pillsbury Clan. Jen's sisters weren't even born when I first met Jenny...now look at them, lovely young ladies!My parents (who stopped in for a drink), Pills and me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Me likey!