1. no baby gates...the entire room is free to roam...and get in trouble (yikes!)
2. leaving the room to have lunch in the common lunchroom. I still can't believe they get the kids to sit by the door and hold hands to walk to lunch together! Quite a sight to see!
3. no more bibs...they do more of a smock...and only for messy lunches, not for snacktime!
4. snacks and breakfast at a small table and chairs instead of the high chair table he was sitting at before
5. sleeping on a cot...yes folks...a cot!! If you're laughing your butt off just thinking of my high-energy toddler without the bars of his crib to keep him contained during naptime...that's exactly what I did. I laughed and told his teachers "glad it's you and not me". I am glad to report...I ate my words! On the first day on his cot Ty slept 3 hours! Although it takes some back rubbing and supervision, he's doing great, and getting better everyday. He woke up yesterday with a start and fell off the cot, bumping his head and biting his lip. But since the cot is only a few inches off the ground, it was a minor incident and he was fine!
I still can't believe my little baby boy is an energetic, defiant, charismatic, independent toddler. It seems like just yesterday that we brought him home. I am proud to report, Mom has survived his transition...and Ty barely noticed a difference...he just went right on playing and enjoying his friends!