Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Tyler's 2 month Dr. appt




Today we took Tyler for his 2 month appointment. He was 24 inches long (he grew 2 inches in 1 month) and weighed in at 13lbs even. His height was in the 90th percentile and his weight stayed steady in the 75th percentile. However, his head was only in the 10th percentile (who knows!). Ty had to get 4 shots and 1 oral vaccine. It was tough to watch him in pain and tonight he's been a bit fussy. It seems like a different cry that we think means he's in a bit of pain. It's very hard to see your child in pain. The Dr said he was thriving and was "one good looking guy", so the appointment went really well, all things considered. We are just so happy he's growing and healthy. We are most definitely blessed by our healthy little boy.

I have been back at work for 3 days now and, although I miss him every second of the workday, I am so busy with my new students (who are a handful) that I don't have time to dwell on it and get sad and upset (which is a blessing). The first day was the hardest. I cried when I said goodbye to him and cried all the way to work. He's doing wonderfully though at Mimi's house. I think my mother-in-law is a "baby whisperer" because ever since she's been taking care of him he's been a mellow little dude who is finally on a schedule that seems to suit him and we actually get 4-6 hours of sleep. She's doing a great job and we hope she's enjoying it as much as Ty seems to enjoy spending time with her. The last couple of weeks have been difficult because he's been fussy and not sleeping well, but the last few days we've been successful. We are going to start unswaddling him at night to break him of the habit and will probably move him into his own room soon. Wish us luck! He's just my little angel! We can't believe he's been here for 2 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Me likey!