Monday, September 22, 2008

Alive and Well

I know I know...I've been a bad bad blogger lately. I just wanted to drop you all a line and let you know we are still alive. It's been a crazy few weeks and we're just starting to right ourselves. Tyler has been in daycare now for 4 weeks and has been sick for 3.5 of those 4 weeks...literally. First it was an ear infection and this past week...a nasty nasty virus that had him feverish for almost 4 days! Aside from that...I have had both sicknesses right along with him,and now have larangitis as a side-effect of the virus (great for a teacher)! Daycare is brutal! On top of illness...we had to deal with 4 days of power outage due to Hurricane Ike weather patterns from Sunday - Wednesday of last week. The outages sent the city of Cincinnati and surrounding regions into panic mode...grocery stores were sold out...gas was sold out...schools were called off...it was insanity. So we had no power, no tv, no internet...and were living out of bags back and forth to my mother-in-laws house (thank God for their hospitality!). My school had no classes Monday and Tuesday of last week (can you believe they had to call a hurricane day in Ohio...which was the beginning of their homecoming week. I felt bad for them. They even had to cancel the homecoming parade for them as well due to trees down in the roads, little to no emergency personel to man the parade route etc. Needless to say...it's been an adventure this week. On top of all of this I have been coaching the freshmen male cheerleaders for a competition they had for homecoming week (we won too! :)), coaching my cheerleaders, attending all the events, going to chaperone the dance and trying to train for a marathon in my non-existent spare time. Are you exhausted yet? I surely am!!! I promise to update the blog this week and get some pictures up as well. Miss you all very much! Hopefully we'll soon return to the land of the living, breathing and catching up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Me likey!