Monday, July 30, 2007

Tyler's 1 month appointment!

Daddy reading to Tyler! How cute is that!!??
Ty and Mommy taking a much needed nap!
Sleepy Ty in his party clothes before attending his friend Connor's bday party
Little Miami fan!!
Mommy and Tyler

Tyler went for his 1 month appointment on July 25th and he was a whopping 10lbs 7oz and 22" long! He has gained 2 lbs since we brought him home from the hospital and grown 1". He is in the 75th percentile for height and weight (lets hope he gets his Mommy's height!) and...oddly...the 25th percentile for head size. Mike and I are convinced that it was because he still has a bit of a conehead from the birth. If they measured his cheeks he would be in the 90th percentile:) Otherwise Tyler is smiling more, starting to coo and make noises, and he is so strong! He holds his head up on his own for prolonged periods of time and when he lays on my chest he can push himself up with his feet and we occasionally stand him up and he keeps his legs straight and pushes back. It's amazing how much he's grown and how he is getting a little personality. He had 3 nights this past week where he slept through the night and then 2 nights after where he wouldn't go down to sleep and woke up every 2 hours. He's a little pistol already. He's enjoying the fact that he gets to flirt with all my little cheerleaders who just love him to pieces. We have started our season and I take him to practice with me. It's interesting to try to coach and hold a baby who often cries or demands the boob!! Breastfeeding is still going really well and is obviously working since he has gotten bigger! :) I was away from Tyler for longer than 2 hours the other day. I had my mother-in-law (also known as Mimi) watch him for the afternoon while I attended cheerleading camp and I cried all the way to camp after I dropped him off. I dread going back to work in 4 weeks but have no choice! We just love him to pieces and I love watching him grow daily!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! I'm glad you started a blog so I can check in on your cutie. Tyler can have some of Mia's head circumference-she's in the 95th percentile. :) Looks like you guys are doing great!

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Me likey!