Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Tyler is 2 weeks old!

Me right before we left for the hospital and HUGE!
In the hospital after the epidural...obviously! Tyler right after delivery!
Our first family photo...isn't he so cute?!
Coming home from the hospital 6/27.
Tyler's first bath...he screamed the entire time!
Ty's favorite napping spot...on Daddy!


Today I started our Scherman family blog. Tyler turned 2 weeks old yesterday and it's been an amazing 2 weeks. I still can't believe he's been here for that long and that he came out of me!!!! He's doing great! It's challenging being a mom but I wouldn't change it for the world! I am completely IN LOVE with our son and can't believe how much he's changed in just 2 weeks! It will be extremely hard to leave him when I go back to work at the end of August and miss all the fun things he does (when he's awake) during the day.


Tyler arrived June 25th at 8:42pm and weighed in at 9lbs even and 21" long. He arrived after 22 hours of labor. I had about 10 hours of cervidil which started my labor 45 minutes after administered. I labored until 1pm the next day and then got my epidural. Tyler arrived after 20 minutes of pushing and had a bit of trouble breathing so they took him to the NICU to be monitored for 3 hours. It was hard to be away from him and not hold him when he was born. He came to stay in our room around 11:30pm and I successfully breastfed him! We left the hospital on Wednesday night June 27th. The entire experience was amazing! I still can't believe that he came out of me...even though I got to see it with my own eyes! Mike is an amazing Daddy already. Everytime I watch him with Tyler I want to cry. He is so in love with his son it's just so cute! I have fallen in love with Mike all over again watching him with Tyler!

Today is day 2 of being alone with Tyler during the day. My parents left over the weekend and Lisa (who came to see Tyler for the weekend) left Sunday. With Mike back at work I was left alone for the first time since Tyler was born and I was pretty scared! Things are going well. I am learning to juggle Tyler and daily activities. It's hard to find time to shower, make myself coffee or lunch, do laundry, clean the house and just do anything besides feed Tyler, change diapers and entertain him when he's awake. I am obsessed with taking pictures of him and talking with friends on thenestbaby.com about things going on with my newborn. It's also great to have good friends who are also mothers as resources. Without Melissa, Lisa, Kimmy and others I would be lost! Thanks! I am also calling my Mom a million times a day and have promised her to send at least 1 pix of Tyler a day so she doesn't miss anything! Having her stay with us the first 2 weeks was just amazing! She kept us fed, cleaned, laundered, and sane. I don't think we could ever repay her! It was also amazing to see my Dad with Tyler. It was so clear that he was completely in love with Tyler, and even shed a tear or two when he and my Mom had to go back to Chicago and leave Tyler. I am so blessed to have parents who are in love with my son already and just pumped to be grandparents. Tyler will surely be in love with his Granddad and Grams!

Other news this week...Venessa and Jimmy Laskey had their baby July 4th. Erica Marie was 6lbs 10oz and is a beautiful baby girl! Tyler can't wait to meet his new friend. Additionally, Kimmy and Josh had their baby girl July 8th. Eleanor arrived at 8lbs 3oz and 20" and she is just adorable! I am sure Tyler and Ella will be great friends for years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Me likey!