Monday, April 21, 2008

Open House

So last week we put our house on the market. I know...I know...it's not a great time to be selling a house (we must be crazy)...but we decided..what the heck! After Tyler and the plastic explosion began we started to realize that we didn't have as much room as we originally thought in our fabulous first house. We started crunching the numbers and realized that we would probably save more money buying a bigger house when the market was down a bit than we would on the back end of selling our house...if we could sell our house and make enough for a down payment that is.



So...it begins! I had forgotten...probably much like pregnancy amnesia...how much it sucks to live in a house you are trying to sell. We had our first open house this past weekend and I just about lost it while I was preparing the home, packing away pictures and decor, and cleaning like a mad woman! I am hating every minute of wiping myself out the door everyday...trying to keep Ty's toys from taking over the family room, the animal shedding under control, and wiping down every surface before going to bed every night just in case we have a showing. My only saving grace right now is our open house turnout. I was feeling pessimistic (yes me...shocking I know...hint of sarcasm here) about our open house right from the start. It was raining and a bit chilly and I was convinced that no one would show up. I am happy to report...I was wrong! 7 people showed up to see our house, and one nosy neighbor, and 2 of the 7 came back a second time with other family members during the two hour open house. It was a good sign...but no offers thusfar. It has only been 24 hours since the open house and still no offers...but I am now slightly optimistic. It doesn't help...however...that Mike and I stumbled upon the most perfect house yesterday...and I've practically moved into it in my head already (sigh!). Here's hoping something happens soon!

2 comments:

  1. You are a brave woman!!!!! Good luck-I hope you sell fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - sorry I missed your comments! I forgot about having to approve them!

    I'm not sure how much help I'll be in the potty training arena, but I guess time will tell how we do with Avanel!

    Good luck with the house!

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Me likey!