Monday, June 8, 2009

Boogie and Bike

Yes I know...I'm very behind on life around Mason, OH...but I swear I have great reasons for being a horrible blogger. The end of the school year is the busiest time of year for me hands down! Anyway, on the weekend of May 15-17 we had lots of events going on. I chaperoned the Loveland High School prom with a few friends from school. We collectively decided to leave the guys in our lives at home so as to not bore them to death. We grabbed dinner and then headed downtown to watch the Jr and Sr classes boogie down at their prom. It's always interesting to see such high school "milestones" from an adult perspective. When it was prom time around DGN, it was a BIG DEAL. I remember it as quite an event. But, looking at it from an adult perspective was funny. It just looked like any other dance throughout the year, except the dresses were more elaborate, the underclassmen weren't invited, and the event was downtown. Regardless, it's always fun to see favorite students, gossip about dresses or dates with fellow staff members, and shake our booties when the lights go down and we are able to hide ourselves in the corner. It was a good time!!! Here are a few pictures of me with some of my former students/cheerleaders.

The next day was our first triathlon...yes I did say OUR...as Mike and I did this one TOGETHER! The Tri for Joe takes place at Coney Island and benefits Downs Syndrome research. It was a sprint tri which consisted of 700m swim, 18 mile bike and 3.1 mile run. We finished it and were both happy with our performances. The only complaint we had was the weather and the water temperature. It was only 45 degrees outside and the water was probably not quite 60 degrees...it was FREEZING!!! After our hearts restarted upon entering the water, we survived, and it was really fun to finally have Mike there with me on one of my physical challenges. I am hoping he got the bug and will continue them with me in years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Me likey!